Wednesday 5 May 2010

The First Study Book That I Like.

One of my hobbies is reading books that doesn't have anything to do with reality, why do I like books like this? Simple, this books activate all the creative ideas in my mind. They inspired me to create new things. But there is a kind of books that I would to anything just to avoid reading this kind of book. This books are school books or anything to do with studying, why? I found them boring and a waste of time because it's either be forgotten after a few days or week or you don't actually need that information. But in the first time in my life, I found a book that is connected with studying and I am now extremely obssess with.

I found an interesting book yesterday at the library. I was doing research for my current brief for college, I wanted to find different technique on fabric manipulation and embroidery when I found a book called Metal Thread Embroidery by Jane Lemon(embroiderer). This book just doesn't give information about embroidery it also explain the materials, tools and explain how to do the technique, but that's not all! The book also got a page on places you can visit to observe or do research about metal thread embroidery. It doesn't finish there, there is also a page on where you can purchase supplies of metal threads. I learn a lot about embroidery and different techniques, this is all thanks to this book.

0 comments: