Sunday 16 January 2011

The Skirt That we Started a Few Weeks After Pattern Cutting Brief Start... It's Finally Finish..!

Before I start talking about my new work on Pattern Cutting I just like to tell you my stupidity... lol... :D I realize that rather than publishing my posts I was actually just saving them to drafts... I mean seriously.?! How can I make mistakes like that..? (;-_-)? I never actually figure out how I done it but anywho... Let's start... :D
No guys... that's not me wearing the skirt I made but my sister... bwahahahah... >:D lol...
This skirt is meant to be on the Yoke file... I think... :/ oh well... Anyway... We started this pattern like the beginning of the Pattern Cutting Brief or maybe it was a few days or week after... :D lol... And guess what..? We just finish it last week... Noooo... It's not hard to make... lol... We just finish more important stuff for the brief before finishing the skirt... But anyway... I'm gonna talk about the Yoke now... :D
Oh yea... The yoke is this horizontal line you usually find on the back of a coat around the shoulder... Sometimes it goes on the back to the front... You can also find it in skirts... :) My yoke is that blue fabric which I may say it kind of like plastic fabric or the one you usually put as a table cloth... :D hehe... Anyway, my yoke is pretty big since usually its only like 10-12cm long but since I want a bit unique one I made a big yoke... :D The camoflage fabric is the rest of the skirt... hehe... :)
The picture below is the front of the skirt...

Yes..! You guess it, this one is the back... :D

This skirt also have a facing... The same size as my yoke... :D As you can see... Well I hope you do since the thread is blue but anyway... The hem of the facing is secured by a top stitch so it doesn't flap around... :D


The image below was meant to show you the top stitch on the right side of the fabric or skirt but the thread is white so iys really hard to spot but I tell you where it is... So listen carefully... :) :P

If you look closely where the camoflage fabric ends... Maybe half a or 1cm from the edge you would see like a random dots... That's the thread... :D If you can't see it... I guess I epically failed on explaining... lol... (>.<)

The picture below is my hem... My first hem... YAY!!! I bet your thinking 'What a weirdo' well I am... Bwahahaha... :D Kidding... :D I'm just high on sugar... :P Anyway... I only done a 1.5cm hem but you can always do like 2-5cm hem... I think... (;-_-)? But anyway... Lets go back to mine... :P The white and blue thread is my top stitch for the hem of the right and wrong side of the fabric...
Its 1cm away from the hem... :)
I was thingking of putting my Production Plan on this skirt here but there's like 20+ step on it and I really don't want to bored you guys and beside my lil bro wants the computer... :/ Anyway... I'll post soon... I hope... :P :) Byyyyyye!!! xx

0 comments: