Sunday 16 January 2011

Facing... Not Looking... As In Facing Of A Skirt... :D

Hello everyone..! :)
The picture below are what a facing look like... What's a facing you may ask..? hmmm... Actually I have no clue as well... (>.<) lol :D hmmm... Maybe I should take some notes in class... :D Well I just tell you what I understand about facing... :P I THINK... :P lol... Facing could be found inside a skirt around the waist line... The facing helps give structure to the skirt around where there is a curve... It also helps make the waist line of the skirt neat if there is no waistband on the skirt... :) hehe... That's what I understand about facing... :D

Hmmm... You must be wondering what's the picture above... :) Well that's a skirt... No... A skirt is not that short... :P Well unless you really want a skirt that only reach your hip and show off waaaay to much... :P :D Anyway... We only made a skirt that reach around the hip line because we are only making a facing which doesn't even reach all the way down to the hem of a skirt... hehe... It save time and fabric... :)
Oh yea... That's skirt is on the right way around... :) I was gonna say facing the right way around but you might get confuse because the topic is facing... :D Aren't I generous... :D Kidding... :P
Pick a boo... (>.<) lol...
We're not playing pick a boo on the picture above... :P The picture above is showing you what a facing look like... So which one is the facing you may ask... :) Not telling... :P Kidding... :) I'm not that mean... The camoflage fabric represent the facing... In other word the facing looks like that inside the skirt...
The picture below shows the facing properly... Yes I turned the skirt inside out for you... I'm really nice, aren't I... :D lol... I should stop fooling around... :)
....
Nah... :)
To finish off the facing I done a retaining row... What's that..? :D If you look at the picture below you would see a red thead around the waist like of the skirt... That's a retaining row... :)
What is it for..? Its to make sure the facing is hold into place and prevent the facing to rolling up the waist...
You must be wondering why you can't see it in the first picture... Well to answer that one... The retaining row is only sew on the facing and the seam of the skirt and the facing... I do hope that make sense... :)
Well that's all I could say about faicng... :)

P.S. You must be wondering why there's loads of 'dots (.)' at the end of my sentence... :) Well, that's because that's how I type whenever I'm not doing any college work that need to be word process and since this is my blog I thought I use it to make me feel like I'm actually just randomly writing to my friends... Well... I'm off... :D

<(^_^)> (hug) :D

0 comments: